Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11, 2010

I was down at the boardwalk last evening at dusk. It seemed cool and cloudy, but it was so obviously summer. The honeysuckle has ceased to bloom but the wild rose blooms stuck out of the gloaming, white against the grey. I did not hear any peepers, but there were tree frogs and bull frogs, yellow irises, willow flycathchers and kildeers. And fireflies. Not a lot; at first I thought that I was having eye trouble, but it was fireflies. Fireflies always catch me by surpise, they always make the weather warmer, I can run faster, jump higher, it makes me feel like I am falling in love, even if i am all alone. In the winter, as spring approaches, I look forward to the peepers, the dogwoods, but I never plan on seeing firefies, but when I see them, it takes my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment